Austin Broken Bones Lawyer
If you have sustained broken bones in Austin, TX, as the result of an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you should be compensated for your suffering. The Austin broken bones lawyers at Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP are here to help you get the justice and financial award you deserve.
Ours is a well-respected law firm that serves the Austin area and has developed a reputation for winning for our clients.
We practice only personal injury law, and it is our sole focus. That is why we are tireless in pursuit of justice for you—because we understand what a personal injury can do to your life.
Your first consultation with us is free, so give us a call today to set up an appointment.
Table of Contents
How Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP Can Help if You Have Suffered Broken Bones After an Accident in Austin, TX
Broken bones can be incredibly painful, as well as inconvenient. You are restricted from freely moving about and that can cause understandable frustration and worry. The last thing you need to be worried about is how to cover the costs of your injury and how to hold the negligent parties accountable.
That is where Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP can help. You do not have to handle this alone. Our Austin personal injury lawyers are ready to fight on your behalf to make you whole and get you back to your old self.
Filing a personal injury claim can be complex and difficult to manage without competent legal professionals. When you hire us, you have our entire team on your side. We advocate for you, so you can focus on recovery.
Here are just a few of the many issues we handle for you:
- Provide sound legal advice: Personal injury cases involve a great deal of nuance and our lawyers can explain the intricacies and break down all the legal jargon to help you understand your rights.
- Offer guidance on strategy: We cannot decide for you, but we can certainly provide our professional opinion and suggest which options may bring you the most favorable outcome. We help you consider all the angles and make the best decision for you and your family.
- Research: We will thoroughly go through all the details of your case, review the necessary medical bills and police documents, and conduct research into all applicable laws to ensure we have considered and covered all legal avenues.
- Handling key discussions: Our attorneys will speak to eyewitnesses, police, and hospital personnel, as well as negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf.
- Represent you in court: Many personal injury cases are settled without having to go to trial. However, that depends on how good the settlement offer is. If it is not up to your standards, we will be ready to put your case to a jury if that is what it takes.
- Drafting all legal papers: From the initial complaint to all subsequent legal documents, we handle all the writing and correspondence with the court and defending parties.
Our personal injury attorneys in Austin will relentlessly seek justice on your behalf. We will make those responsible for your injury pay for what you are being forced to go through.
Contact our Austin law office to discuss the next steps. Your first consultation with us is free.
Types of Broken Bone Injuries
Broken bone injuries, also called fractures, can have an immediate impact on the quality of your life. Whether it is a hairline crack or multiple breaks that may never be realigned, losing your freedom of movement can be devastating and possibly even have long term effects.
Broken bones rarely occur without other injuries that cause additional inconvenience and pain. These can include strains, dislocations, and sprains.
There are numerous types of bone fractures, with the most common types being:
- Hairline: If the bone is not completely separated and is an incomplete fracture
- Transverse: Break occurs in a straight line
- Spiral: Break spirals, circling the bone
- Oblique: Break is diagonal
- Compression: Crushed bone
- Comminuted fracture: Breaks in multiple areas
- Segmental: Multiple fractures along the same bone
- Compound fracture: Open wound near the break
While the pain is usually enough to signal that a bone has been broken, other signs include:
- The audible sound of a break
- Numbness in the area
- Inability to move without pain
Most bone breaks can be treated with a cast or splint, but some may require surgery and a significant recovery period.
Common Causes of Austin Broken Bones Injuries
When a bone is hit and cannot absorb the force of the impact, it breaks. The impact could be the result of any severe blow. Typical accidents that result in broken bones are:
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Slip and Fall
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Child-related Accidents
Regardless of the type of accident that resulted in your injury, if it was caused due to someone else’s negligence, you should be compensated. Depending on your age and health prior to the accident, you may be looking at significant medical treatment and possible hospital stay.
You need an Austin broken bones lawyer to ensure you get justice. We will not rest until you get the money you deserve.
Broken Bones Injury Statistics
Every year, there are approximately 6.8 million broken bones in the United States. The following stats may help you understand that you are not alone:
- 59% of fractures happen to males
- The most painful bone to break is the femur; it is also the longest and strongest bone
- The most common broken bones are the humerus, tibia, ulna, fibula, and radius
- Between a quarter-million and a half million women break a hip or spinal cord bone every year—90% from falling
- The average person will break two bones across a lifetime
- People over 85 are four times more likely to break a bone than between the ages of 65 and 75
Depending on the location and severity of the break, broken bones can be costly to treat. Some require a stay in the hospital and bills can run high even over just a few days. The financial damage is even steeper if you do not have healthcare.
These are all reasons to contact Lorenz & Lorenz for assistance in recovering costs for the injury. You should not have to pay because someone else was negligent and is to blame for your injury and your financial difficulty.
What Compensation Can I Expect After an Accident in Austin, TX?
Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP is to help you get your life back to the way it was before you suffered this trauma. We know that will take a significant compensation package, which is why we are zealous in fighting for you. Our clients are family to us, and that means we stand by you the way we would with a family member.
We consider all possible compensation opportunities, including both economic and non-economic damages. We do everything we can to get you enough of a package to cover all the many expenses and losses.
Economic compensation covers expenses related to financial losses like:
- Hospital bills
- Lost wages
- Ongoing medical care
- Rehabilitation, and
- In-home care.
Non-economic compensation covers costs that may be harder to calculate in dollars and cents. These include damages such as:
- Loss of dignity
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Loss of companionship
- Mental stress, and
- Emotional anguish.
Because Texas is a modified comparative negligence state, the law states that you cannot be more than 50% to blame if you want to recover a financial award for your injury. We can help you determine your portion of the blame, if any, and help defend you against claims that you were more than 50% responsible.
It is unfair for you to go through all this if it was due to another’s negligence. Let us help you hold the negligent parties accountable. Call our Austin law office now for a free consultation and to speak to an experienced broken bones lawyer.
Statute of Limitations for Austin Broken Bones Cases
The statute of limitations is a legal term referring to the amount of time mandated by law for you to set forth your claim. Texas law requires you to file within two years or lose your right to sue for compensation. Do not be fooled into thinking two years gives you ample time to make a move.
Our experience tells us that strong cases require time to build. The sooner you file, the sooner your life will be on its way back to normal.
Contact Our Austin Broken Bones Lawyers Now
Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP is a highly-regarded Texas law firm, and our Austin broken bones lawyers have a reputation for aggressively pursuing a win for our clients. Do not hesitate. Call now to arrange a consultation and speak to our understanding legal team.
When you suffer a trauma, it can be easy to feel like you are alone and helpless. We are here to tell you that you are not alone. Our law firm is behind you all the way. We can help.