Austin U-Turn Car Accident Lawyer
If you have been hurt by a driver making an illegal U-turn in Austin, get in touch with Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP today for assistance.
Our Austin U-Turn car accident lawyers can help you fight to recover full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and suffering.
Your first consultation is free, so don’t hesitate to call us today.
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Serve You in an Austin U-Turn Car Accident Case
To take your case to court and pursue the damages you feel are rightfully yours, you’ll need to partner with an experienced personal injury firm in Austin. At Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP, it would be our pleasure to stand up for you and make sure your case is heard.
This accident may have changed the course of your entire life, and you should have every opportunity to hold the other party responsible.
It’s so important to work with the right Austin personal injury attorney. The challenges that can lie ahead as you try to make your case are many. There is certainly going to be a firm legal defense by the other side, so you’ll want to be as prepared as possible before arguments are made.
It’s going to require tremendous attention to detail and plenty of hard work to make your case a success.
When you choose the Austin personal injury lawyers at Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP you will benefit from our tireless efforts.
Some of the steps we will take to work for your best interests include the following:
- Compiling evidence. The more useful evidence we can collect, the better our chances will be of presenting a winning argument in court – or convincing the other side to offer a worthwhile settlement. As soon as we can start on your case, we will get right to work on putting together as much relevant evidence as possible.
- Fighting off the insurance companies. There is no way around this one – the insurance company on the other side of this case is going to try to get you to settle for far less than your case could be worth. It’s hard for individuals who are not familiar with this process to deal with these powerful companies – and many end up signing unfair settlements. We won’t be pushed around and we’ll make sure you get what you deserve.
- Providing a fair valuation. One of the reasons so many low settlements are accepted is victims simply don’t know what their case could be worth in court. By working with an experienced personal injury lawyer, you will have access to your knowledge and you can gain an understanding of what this claim could ultimately be worth.
Don’t let too much time pass between your accident and when you call our office for assistance. At Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP, we are ready for your call and we look forward to the opportunity to fight for your rights. Simply get in touch at your convenience and our car accident lawyers will be happy to offer a free consultation.
Injuries Suffered in Austin U-Turn Car Accidents
A U-turn is a potentially dangerous maneuver in a vehicle. Since the driver of the vehicle is turning 180-degrees to head in the opposite direction, it’s difficult to see if the coast is clear. It’s possible for another vehicle or pedestrian to enter the path of the car while the turn is in progress, leading to a devastating crash.
The nature of U-turn accidents dictates that serious injuries are common in this scenario. Since the U-turning car is in such an unnatural position for the majority of that illegal turn, there are many bad things that can happen – and none of them are good.
This list highlights just a few of the common U-turn car accident injuries seen in Austin:
Side-impact crashes are common in U-turn accidents, since the two vehicles that are likely to collide are going in such different directions.
And, in a side-impact crash, broken bones are just one of many serious injuries that can result.
In a powerful crash, brain injuries can result – and these types of injuries tend to change the rest of the victim’s life. A severe brain injury can be life-threatening, so immediate medical attention will be needed after this kind of trauma.
Whiplash is commonly associated with car accidents. If you get hit while in a car, especially when you aren’t expecting the impact – as may be the case in a U-turn accident – your head can be thrown aggressively to one side. That motion can lead to whiplash, which is a difficult injury to overcome.
Sprains and strains
We tend to think first about the serious injuries that can happen in a car accident, but relatively minor injuries can affect your quality of life, as well. Don’t discount the severity of something like a strain or sprain and what it can do to your day to day life for the near future.
In the end, the only thing that matters in your case is the injuries you actually suffered. For a detailed accounting of those injuries, and to get the help you need to restore your health, seek medical attention right away after the crash. Even if you don’t think you are hurt that badly, allow the doctors to check you out and look for any unnoticed damage. Even something that doesn’t hurt too badly on the scene can later impact your life profoundly.
Our U-Turn car accident attorneys have the experience and knowledge necessary to fight this difficult case for you. We don’t want you to suffer the consequences of someone else’s reckless actions, so get in touch today.
Seeking Damages After an Austin U-Turn Crash
Obtaining damages is the whole purpose of filing a suit after you have been hurt in an Austin U-turn crash. By receiving damages as compensation for your injuries, you may be able to spend more time focused on your recovery and less time worrying about your finances.
What damages could be on the table after this accident? That will depend on the details of your case, of course, but here are some possibilities:
- Medical expenses. You will want to argue to have your medical expenses covered as part of the damages in the case, since those expenses were only incurred as a result of the crash.
- Lost wages. If your injuries have kept you away from the job, fighting for the inclusion of lost wages in your damages is possible.
- Pain and suffering. No one should have to go through this kind of traumatic event simply as a result of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Pain and suffering damages won’t erase the event, but they can help you move forward.
A free consultation with Lorenz & Lorenz can help you understand what damages might be available in your case. By talking over the events of this accident with a member of our team, you can get a clear picture of what could be available and how you may want to proceed.
Austin U-Turn Car Accident Possibilities
A U-turn can go wrong in many different ways, which is why they are typically illegal. Unless specifically permitted in certain situations, drivers are not supposed to make U-turns because of the danger they present to others on the road.
Following is a list of some of the ways making a U-turn can lead to an accident:
- Hitting a pedestrian. If a vehicle approaches a red light and attempts to make a U-turn to head back the other direction, it’s possible that they will turn right into a pedestrian who is attempting to cross the street legally. Obviously, as this accident involved a powerful vehicle hitting a defenseless person, the injuries here can be severe.
- Side-impact accident. Another scenario involves a driver making a U-turn on a green light. As they turn around to go the other way, a driver coming from the left attempts to make a free right onto the same road – and the U-turn driver hits that vehicle on the driver’s side. Again here, serious injuries can result because the force of the crash is directed into the side of the car where the driver or a rear passenger are sitting.
- Losing control. If driving too aggressively and trying to make a fast U-turn, especially in poor weather, the driver could lose control of the vehicle entirely and go off the road. At that point, the vehicle could strike bystanders, parked cars, buildings, etc.
Simply put, drivers should not make U-turns unless they are specifically allowed in that situation. If you have been hurt by a driver who ignored the rules and decided to make a reckless U-turn, get in touch with Lorenz & Lorenz today for help.
Contact Us Right Away for a Free Consultation
Have you been injured in a U-Turn car accident in Austin, TX? Call Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP to discuss your legal optinos. You may qualify for compensation, and our Austin U-Turn car accident lawyers can help you fight to secure damages that reflect your losses. We offer a free consultation, so give our law office in Austin, Texas a call to get started today.