Austin Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
Are you struggling with a catastrophic injury because you were recently involved in an accident in Austin, TX?
Contact Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP to discuss your legal rights. You may have the right to file an injury claim and demand compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and suffering.
Our experienced Austin catastrophic injury lawyers can help you fight to secure a full financial award. Your first case evaluation is free, so call our law office to set up yours today.
Table of Contents
How Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP Can If You’ve Suffered a Catastrophic Injury in Austin, TX
Working with an Austin personal injury lawyer from Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP, is one of the best ways to safeguard your finances and your prospects for the future after suffering a catastrophic injury. Our law team will help you pursue the compensation you need and deserve by:
- Analyzing the details of your accident and assessing your damages
- Looking for evidence to prove the defendant’s liability
- Filling out your legal forms and filing them with the court
- Providing you with straightforward answers to your legal questions
- Offering you astute legal advice and guidance throughout your case
- Launching a thorough investigation into the cause of your accident
- Consulting with medical experts about the details of your injury
- Devising an effective legal strategy for your catastrophic injury case
- Helping you understand the legal options that are available to you
- Providing you with a detailed overview of the Texas legal system
- Identifying the person or entity that is liable for your damages
- Speaking with the defendant’s insurance company on your behalf
- Working out a settlement with the other party’s insurance company
- Presenting evidence and arguing on your behalf in court, if required
Would you like to have our skilled legal team help you seek compensation for your catastrophic injuries? Then please give us a call today to set up a free consultation at our law office in Austin, Texas. We know what it takes to win cases like yours, and we are ready to fight tirelessly on your behalf.
What is a Catastrophic Injury?
Legally speaking, a catastrophic injury is one in which a person experiences “direct and proximate consequences” that may “permanently prevent [them] from performing any gainful work.”
Courts in the state of Texas generally consider a victim to have suffered a catastrophic injury when they get hurt in a way that causes them to:
- Permanently lose bodily function
- Require lifelong care or medical assistance
- Require medication for the rest of their life
- Require lifelong use of a wheelchair or another assistive device
- Require the use of one or more prosthetic limbs
Did you recently suffer a catastrophic injury because of the negligence of another party? If so, please do not hesitate to get in touch with an Austin personal injury attorney from Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP. We would love to use our years of experience in the legal field to help you pursue the damages you deserve.
Common Types of Catastrophic Injuries in Austin
Some of the most common types of catastrophic injuries suffered by Austin residents each year include:
- Eye injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ injuries
Austin residents who sustain these catastrophic injuries generally have to go through a broad range of medical treatments. Depending on the nature of their ailments, their doctors may recommend:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Psychiatric care
These medical treatments can be exceedingly expensive – even for those who have great health insurance. As such, it is not at all uncommon for an individual who suffers a catastrophic injury to reach the point of maximum medical improvement having already racked up hundreds of thousands of dollars in healthcare bills.
At Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP, we have been helping catastrophic injury victims fight for the compensation they need to cover their medical expenses and ongoing care costs for years – achieving many favorable results along the way. If you would like to have us go to battle for you, all you need to do is give us a call or contact us online. We are always ready, willing, and able to assist.
Common Causes of Catastrophic Injuries in Austin
Every year, thousands of individuals in Austin and throughout Texas suffer injuries that leave them with permanent disabilities. But what causes them to get hurt in this way? In most cases, one of these accidents or incidents is to blame:
- Auto accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Violent crime
- Sports accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Animal attacks
- Fires and explosions
- Medical malpractice
Did you sustain a catastrophic injury in a fall or a car accident in Austin? If so, the knowledgeable attorneys at Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP, would be happy to help you file a personal injury claim against the liable party. Contact our firm today to begin the legal process.
Proving Liability in Texas Catastrophic Injury Lawsuits
Before a plaintiff can recover any damages in a catastrophic injury lawsuit in the state of Texas, they must typically show that the defendant is liable for their damages. To do so, they usually have to prove that:
- The defendant owed them a duty of care
- The defendant’s negligent actions breached that duty
- The defendant’s breach of duty caused them to suffer an injury
- Their injury is as catastrophic as they claim
There are lots of ways to prove these four points. However, most plaintiffs find that the best option involves relying on direct and indirect evidence of negligence, such as:
- Police reports
- Video footage
- Accident scene photos
- Witness testimony
- Medical records
The knowledgeable attorneys at Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP, have been helping the people of Austin to prove their catastrophic injury cases for years. As such, we know where to look to locate these evidentiary materials. If you would like to have us use our experience to assist you with your case, all you have to do is give us a call or send us a message online.
Damages Available in Austin Catastrophic Injury Cases
Judges, juries, and insurance companies consider a wide range of factors when determining the amount of compensation individuals who sustained catastrophic injuries ought to receive, including:
- The cost of the victim’s immediate medical treatment
- The fees associated with the victim’s rehabilitation
- The expenses attached to the victim’s ongoing care needs
- The amount of time the victim missed from work
- The impact the victim’s catastrophic injury will have on their career
- The mental pain the victim experienced because of their injury
- The effect the victim’s injury will have on their overall quality of life
When the skilled attorneys at Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP, help Austin residents file personal injury claims, we almost always pursue damages for their:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Ongoing care costs
- Lost income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for Austin residents to die as a result of their catastrophic car crash or workplace injuries. When they do, our legal team helps their family members fight for compensation for their:
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of inheritance
- Burial or cremation expenses
Would you like to have a seasoned lawyer from Lorenz & Lorenz, LLC, take a look at your personal injury or wrongful death case and provide you with an estimate of its worth?
If so, please reach out to us today to schedule a free initial consultation at our Austin headquarters.
We have been working on cases like yours for years, so you can be confident that our evaluation is accurate.
Statute of Limitations for Catastrophic Injury Lawsuits in Texas
If you decide to file a personal injury lawsuit after an accident in Austin, TX, you’ll have to do so within the applicable statute of limitations. This is typically two years from the date of the accident that caused your catastrophic injury. If you fail to meet this deadline, you may lose the right to compensation.
The statute of limitations for wrongful death claims in the state of Texas is also two years. So, when an Austin resident loses their life after sustaining a catastrophic injury, their family must sue the at-fault person or business in advance of the second anniversary of their death.
Do you need help filing your personal injury or wrongful death suit before your statute of limitations expires? If so, please do not hesitate to contact the experienced litigators at Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP. Our team will be happy to provide you with the assistance you require.
Your Experienced Austin Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
If you want a skilled Austin catastrophic injury lawyer to help you fight for compensation after a devastating car accident or dog attack, there is only one firm you ought to call – Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP. We have the knowledge and experience required to handle your case with the care and attention it deserves. Reach out to us today to set up a free initial consultation with a member of our team and learn more about our legal services.