New Braunfels, TX Construction Accident Lawyer
Have you been injured in a construction accident in New Braunfels, TX? Whether you decide to seek benefits from your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance policy or file a lawsuit against a negligent party, Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP can help. Our New Braunfels, TX construction accident lawyers have 19+ years of experience fighting on behalf of injured workers – and have won sizable and life-changing monetary awards in the process.
We’re ready to put the full force and weight of our personal injury law firm behind you. Give us a call to arrange a time to discuss the details of your case at no charge today.
How Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP Can Help with Your Construction Accident Case
Construction accidents can wreak havoc on your health and your financial future. However, when you hire a seasoned New Braunfels, TX personal injury lawyer from Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP, you won’t need to deal with the fallout alone.
Our experienced team will help you fight for the compensation you need to improve your situation by:
- Answering any questions you might have about your case
- Identifying the party that is responsible for your accident
- Speaking with insurance companies on your behalf
- Discussing the details of your case with respected industry experts
- Helping you understand your legal options
- Providing you with astute legal advice and guidance at all times
- Analyzing your construction accident and evaluating your damages
- Helping you understand how the claims process works in Texas
- Conducting a thorough investigation into the cause of your accident
- Taking care of the administrative side of your compensation claim
- Putting together an effective legal strategy for your case
- Looking for evidence that may help to prove your claims
- Negotiating a settlement deal with the insurance company
- Arguing on your behalf in court, if the case goes to trial
The skilled construction accident lawyers from Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP, are here to help you fight for the compensation you deserve. Please reach out to us today to schedule a free consultation at our law office in San Marcos. We know what it takes to achieve favorable verdicts and settlements in cases like yours, and we are ready to go to bat for you.
Construction Accidents in Texas – Understanding the Statistics
Construction sites are among the most dangerous workplaces in the Lone Star State. According to data from the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics and the Texas Department of Insurance, Division of Workers’ Compensation:
- About 12,300 Texans suffered injuries on construction sites in 2018
- 107 Texans lost their lives in accidents on construction sites in 2018
Did you recently suffer an injury or lose a loved one on a job site in Texas? Then please do not hesitate to get in touch with the attorneys at Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP today. We might be able to use our legal skills and knowledge of the law to help you recover some much-needed compensation.
Common Causes of Construction Accidents in New Braunfels
Given the frequency with which construction site accidents happen in the state of Texas, it is natural to question what causes them. In many cases, one of the following types of accidents or incidents is to blame:
- Falls: Construction workers from Landa Park to Comal River regularly fall off of ladders and suffer serious injuries.
- Motor vehicle accidents: It is not at all unusual for construction workers to get hit by cars, trucks, and other moving vehicles.
- Electrocutions: Live wiring on construction sites can cause a wide range of life-altering injuries.
- Crush accidents: Getting pinned between two solid objects on a job site can leave workers in severe pain.
- Falling object accidents: When workers get hit by heavy falling objects, they can sustain some severe head injuries.
No matter how your construction site accident happened, you can always count on the lawyers at Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP, to help you fight to receive compensation for your injuries. Our firm has been standing up for workers in Texas Hill Country for years, and we are ready to do the same for you.
Common Injuries Sustained in New Braunfels Construction Accidents
When New Braunfels construction workers fall from elevated platforms or get hit by motor vehicles, they can sustain a wide range of painful injuries – many of which have the potential to leave them permanently disabled.
A short sampling of some of the injuries that occur most regularly on New Braunfels construction sites would include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Fractured bones
- Degloving injuries
- Facial disfigurement
- Internal organ injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
The treatments for these injuries include:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
These treatments can be highly expensive – even for individuals who have excellent health insurance. As such, it is not at all unusual for construction workers who sustain injuries in accidents in New Braunfels to incur tens of thousands of dollars of medical bills.
Did you sustain one of these injuries in a construction site accident in New Braunfels, San Antonio, or elsewhere in Texas? Then please reach out to a skilled attorney at Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP, today. We would be happy to use our years of experience in the industry to help you pursue damages.
Recovering Compensation After New Braunfels Construction Accidents
The process an injured worker must use to pursue damages in the state of Texas depends on whether their employer has workers’ compensation coverage:
Filing a Workers’ Compensation Claim
When New Braunfels residents suffer injuries while working for a company that has workers’ compensation coverage, they generally recover benefits by filing a claim with the insurance company. To do so, they must typically follow these five steps:
- Notify their employer of the accident
- File the required documents with the insurance company
- Cooperate with the insurer’s investigation
- Review the insurer’s settlement offer
- Negotiate the settlement (if necessary)
New Braunfels construction workers who follow this five-step process can frequently claim benefits like:
- Medical Benefits: To cover their medical care.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: To pay for them to learn new skills.
- Temporary Income Benefits: To cover the wages they lost.
- Lifetime Disability Benefits: To pay their bills if they cannot work.
- Medical Travel Benefits: To cover their trips to the doctor.
The benefits an employee qualifies for usually depends on the severity of their injuries.
Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit
The state of Texas does not force employers to maintain a workers’ compensation insurance policy. However, when employees sustain injuries while working for a business that does not have this coverage, they do not need to drain their own bank accounts to pay their medical bills. Instead, they can file a personal injury lawsuit against their employer.
The amount of compensation they can hope to receive when filing a claim of this nature depends on factors like:
- The cost of their initial medical treatment
- The fees attached to their ongoing healthcare needs
- The expenses they will incur during their rehabilitation
- The amount of time they missed from work because of their injury
- The impact their injury will have on their career
- The mental anguish they endured because of their injury
- The effect their injury will have on their overall quality of life
Most injured workers in the state of Texas can recover compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Ongoing healthcare costs
- Rehabilitation fees
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Individuals who suffer injuries that leave them permanently disabled and unable to work almost always receive the most substantial payouts.
Do you want to have one of our seasoned construction accident attorneys help you through the process of filing a workers’ compensation claim or a personal injury lawsuit? If so, please do not hesitate to reach out to our team to set up a free consultation at our San Marcos office. We will be happy to assist you in any way we can.
Deadline to Pursue Compensation After Construction Accidents in Texas
Section 409.003 of the Texas Workers’ Compensation Act sets the statute of limitations for workers’ compensation claims in Texas to one year. As such, New Braunfels residents who suffer injuries on construction sites must typically file for benefits before the first anniversary of their accident if they do not want to forfeit their right to damages.
People who wish to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit in the Lone Star State have a little extra time. Section 16.003 of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code says that the statute of limitations for cases of this nature is two years.
At Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP, we have been helping New Braunfels residents file workers’ compensation claims and personal injury lawsuits before their statute of limitations expired for years. If you would like to have us do the same for you, please give us a call or contact us online as soon as you can.
Your Skilled New Braunfels, TX Construction Accident Lawyer
When you want a New Braunfels, TX construction accident lawyer to help you pursue compensation for your broken bone or spinal cord injury, there is only one place you need to turn – Lorenz & Lorenz, LLP. Our firm has been handling cases like yours for years – securing a plethora of favorable outcomes along the way. To learn more about our services, all you have to do is pick up the phone and give us a call.